Live. Laugh. Love

Dance, as though no one is watching you.
Love, as though you have never been hurt before.
Sing, as though no one can hear you.
Live, as though Heaven is on earth.
~souza

Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Bear-Cat Story


One day, I was sourcing for a pair of panda coin banks for a friend's birthday.


I saw some animal coin banks on displayed in a gift shop in J8 and stepped in.

In less than 3 minutes, I was approached by a friendly young sales girl of around 18 years of age, who asked me if she could help.


This is how the Panda story goes:


Me: “请问这个有没有熊猫的?”

She: “熊猫是不是teddy bear?”

Me, trying to control my smile/frown: “熊猫是panda,teddy bear是狗熊。”

She: “Oh, 那里有熊猫的。。。”


Following her instructions, I walked into the shop. What I saw was toy cats on display, no sign of panda. I concluded that she must have thought panda is cat. I could only thank her, said it's ok, that's not what I am looking for and walked out of the shop.


So, panda is a cat or bear?

Well, at least in layman's term, panda is a black and white "bear" but surely, quite different from a "teddy" bear.